[Fis] about the idea of “hierarchies of structures”

Stanley N Salthe ssalthe at binghamton.edu
Sun Feb 3 21:00:49 CET 2019

Loet -- Regarding:

The idea is simple: the real world consists of hierarchies of structures
which are built by other structures from low levels.

This is not only simple, it is a simplification. Perhaps, a considerable
percentage of the "hierarchies" are "heterarchies"? We need a strategy to
test the truth of such statements.

S: Heterarchies, I have found are for the most part systems of several
hierarchies that are intersecting with common members -- a kind of mashup
of hierarchies. There is no other principle of organization involved.
STAN