[Fis] about the idea of “hierarchies of structures”

Krassimir Markov markov at foibg.com
Sun Feb 3 15:13:47 CET 2019

Dear FIS Colleagues,

In this my post (second for this week), I want to comment the idea of “hierarchies of structures” from my previous post.

The idea is simple: the real world consists of hierarchies of structures which are built by other structures from low levels.

This model shows that, practically, all entities of the real world are hierarchically organized.

Very important is that there not exists a total comprehensive structure - just the opposite - the real world consists of very great variety of structures.

What is common for all structures?

To answer, one need to look in the bases of the structures - all are organizations of very small elements.

Greeks call them “atoms”, now we know that there exist “smaller” elements - electrons, particles, photons, waves, and other “minute portions of matter” (“tiny particles of dust”).

Further, I remembered the Ross Ashby idea of emerging of the new features at the given level of the system, which not exist in the elements of low levels.

Just, such features are live, intelligence, and  consciousness, which emerge as new properties of the structures (systems).

Ancient wise people had noticed this!
For instance, please remember Genesis 2:7: “Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”

There is no clear boundary between live structures and not live ones. In every moment first may be destroyed to the second as well as the former may be organized to the first one.
For instance, please remember Genesis 3:19: “for dust you are and to dust you will return”.

In General Information Theory (GIT), we consider the real world as a space of entities.

The entities are built by other entities, connected with relationships.

The entities and relationships between them form the internal structure of the entity they build.

To create the entity of a certain structural level of the world, it is necessary to have:

− Entities of the lower structural level;

− Established forming relationship.

The entity can dialectically be considered as a relationship between its entities of all internal structural levels.

The forming relationship has a representative significance for the entity.

The destruction of this essential relationship causes its disintegration.

The establishment of forming relationship between already existing entities has a determine significance for the emerging of the new entity.

The forming relationship is the reason for the emergence of individual properties, which distinguish the new entity from the forming ones.

The relationships form and present the entity.

(http://www.foibg.com/ijita/vol14/ijita14-1-p01.pdf)

Kind regards

Krassimir

----

Krassimir Markov

Honorary professor, PhD

University of Telecommunications and Post

Sofia, Bulgaria