[Fis] "the mother of information"--MINI-BRAINS

Joseph Brenner joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Fri Feb 1 15:06:59 CET 2019

Dear All,

The description of mental processes as isomorphic to quantum phenomena was
made by the Franco-Romanian physicist Basarab Nicolescu in his 1986 book in
French “We, The Particle and the World”. It is based on prior work by
Stéphane Lupasco, going back to 1935, on a logic based on quantum physics,
which I have called Logic in Reality. Nicolescu, Lupasco, Morin and others
founded the International Center for Transdisciplinary Research in Paris in
1985.

The only reason the work of Lupasco has been ignored is that it is in
French, although several books by Nicolescu have appeared in English. In my
2008 book (in English), I analyze in some detail the application of the
Lupasco-Nicolescu concepts to the work of David Bohm which explicate (sic!)
and augment the latter.

The reasons my work has been ignored is that 1) it does not come from an
academic tradition and 2) it requires substantial changes in perspective
regarding the scientific grounds of logic, causality, semiosis, meaning,
consciousness, communication and their ethical implications. It is not a
‘theory of everything’ but points to the underlying dialectics of existence
and of complex phenomena, viz. information, within the laws of physics. My
basic classical reference is Heraclitus.

The third reason is that the above approaches are qualitative, based on
reasoning by implication. However, they are compatible and can mutually
inform selected quantitative science, such as that of A&A.

Thank you and best wishes,

Joseph

  _____