[Fis] FW: Newsletter and Season Greetings. In Karl's own words

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 08:38:09 CET 2019

The Invention  (20191228)

Dear Joseph,

thank you for your invitation to tell what needs to be said, in simple
words: not hiding behind, nor taking refuge in numbers. (There is an
excellent short story by Nelson Bond: “Socrates of the South Forty”. It
depicts a noble savage, who – on his own, by autodidactic means – has
developed an advanced system of natural philosophy.)

Concept versus algorithm

Consider Pythagoras. He had contemplated triangles long before
contemplating numbers. The intellectual achievement lies in the conscious
effort of handling and controlling, manipulating projection, the
neurological defence mechanism, which we are familiar with from using the
Rorschach tables. One actively looks a triangle unto the perception of a
map of a landscape, while preparing to calculate some distances. Imagine
Pythagoras as he developed his invention: over the optical perception one
needs to lay a mental picture of three lines, which create a triangle over
the perceived multitude: step 1. Then one has to look three squares unto
the sides of the triangle, step 2. Then one has to imagine that the joint
surface of the two smaller squares is equal to the surface of the biggest
square, step 3. This is an exercise in imagining, not in arithmetic. There
are no numbers involved in the steps that lead to the invention. The
numbers come later and make a concept to an algorithm. The imagination has
to be clear before one turns to the numbers.

The material contents of the imagination

In the present case, we are standing before the same task. We have to
overlay an optical picture with a newly created vision of a pattern of
relations. The optical picture is that of a few dozens of marbles. These
represent the map with Pythagoras. For the ease of visualisation, one may
suggest to imagine balls which are painted in two colors: green and blue.
Both green and blue can have *d *intensities. Each ball has an individual
combination of intensities of green & blue, but there are several which
share the intensity attribute. We have now the analogue to the triangle of
the Pythagoras model, by imagining the balls to be coloured. We have
overlaid the image of the balls with combinations of color intensities.

What is to be compared with what

We now invent the squares. These are conceptually different to the lines.
Pythagoras used the same line and the same distance. We use same distance,
but two different lines. We create planes like Pythagoras. While Pythagoras
said: look at how big this is, we say: look, where the ball is.

On improving the inner exactitude of the counting system by ~ 3.4EE-92 %

A historical excurse on how big and how many: the original idea of the
invention came from asking, how the copying (reading) and re-copying
(writing) the genetic information (from the DNA and into the DNA) could
take place, without the system growing out of bounds? The target must be at
least as big (have as many bytes capacity of the tape/hard disk/cpu) as the
source plus something for the meta-data. How do you copy and re-copy
something unto carriers without the target being bigger than the source?
This has led to oeis.org/A242615, which is the basis of all.

Places on planes

Back to planes and axes. The form of the symbol implicates its position on
an axis. A symbol has a position on a plane of two axes. The place is exact
and is an implication of the form of the symbol.

In the Pythagoras didactic, this was the step of establishment of the
squares that came from the lines that were laid over the points. In the
present didactic, the square has two different axes. On each of the axes,
there is an undisputed position for each of the symbols, they being ordered
by a principle *whatsoever1* which is the name of the axis *x*.
Perpendicular to this axis *x*, we pick a second axis *y*, which depicts
the sequence of the symbols ordered on a principle *whatsoever2. *These two
axes *x, y *create a plane of which the name is *xy*. That point on the
plane *xy* where the lines intersect which are parallel to the other axis
and originate at the linear position of a symbol on the linear sequences
imposed on the symbols by the principle *whatsoever1 *resp. *whatsoever2,*
is the planar position of that symbol. We have now the concept of the
thing, of which we want to compare some on a property. Pythagoras did it on
size, quantity, on the sum of two against a third. We have a case that is a
bit more complicated.

Planes and spaces

First of all, we stick axes together that fit together. If there is a
property *whatsoever3 *which orders the symbols in a comparable fashion
along an axis *z*, we shall create planes *xz,zy,yx. *On each of the three
planes, each symbol has an exact place.

Then we see that there are *two* versions of three axes being
perpendicular, creating impeccable Euclid, Descartes spaces. The two Euclid
spaces are almost perfectly symmetrical. Mention should be made of two more
planes that transcend the two Euclid spaces.

Eternal truths

Excurse on timelessness and classical logic: all sentences that are
daughters of *a=a* are eternal, as they are outside of the temporal
dimension. They happen in the moment. The truth to be maintained
continuously has to follow from the form of the symbol imposing on it a
position in a linear order, unto the place of the symbol on a plane created
by two orders. The strict implication can, however, not be continued unto
the third dimension, because the plane ceases to exist in that moment as
the position changes from *xy **→ yz **→zx **→ xy **→ etc.* During the step
of the change of the plane of reference, the truth changes back to its
linear form: *pos(plane) **→ pos(sequence) → pos(plane) → etc. *The moment
of truth can best be visualised as always jumping from a place on a plane
craniocaudal-lateral unto a place on a plane lateral-sagittal unto a place
on a plane sagittal-craniocaudal, (vertical, horizontal, medial), never
stationary. The fact that patterns arising from resequencing symbols show,
that we have *two *of such spaces which coexist and create together that
Newton space which we are used to and in which we live in: this fact can be
an explanation for the manifold marvels and wonders Physics and Chemistry
investigate. Here, we speak of genetics and messages transmission, thus of
ideal circumstances, where the left and right subspaces cooperate in the
smoothest fashion imaginable.

Comparing this with that

Back to the task of comparing differing extents of properties of mental
images. With Pythagoras, it was extents of surfaces seen in two of them.
Here, the two mental impressions we compare are *changes* in patterns of
webs, woven over elements. We see two kinds of webs that connect elements
that have places on the surfaces of two 3D spaces. *Once* we perform a
reading of the symbols according to the spatial, axes-related coordinates.
We can theoretically establish a conceptual place for a symbol in *one*,
imagined, amalgamated 3D space, in which the two actually existing Euclid
subspaces coexist happily. *Then *we perform a different reading of the
symbols which is a reading of all of the rest. We split the properties of
the symbols into such which do have a relevance as a spatial coordinate,
and into such that do not have.

Duality

Now comes the step of addition. We state that the whole system that we
discuss *vibrates* like hell. Nothing can vibrate more than this concept.
In fact, we state that the whole system consists of a *fixed *and a *moving
*part. The fixed part is a standing wave of the vibrating system. The
moving part is that what happens while the fixed part is out of existence.
(Examples: a. Room full of Las Vegas one armed bandits. They can have
wheels with differing numbers of symbols. One story discusses the movement
of wheels during a bet, one story tells about the number and kinds of
winning constellations every run, observed at the end of the run. b.
Caravans doing logistics. One story tells of what is the inventory in the
oases, one story details what is under way.)

The term ‘existence’ has been defined as the truth of a statement that a
position of a form in a sequence implicates one of the coordinates of a
point on a surface and that the coordinates of a point on a surface
implicate at least one position of a form in a sequence. This allows for
continuity of the idea of existence along time and yet leaves open the
consequences that during the existence of the truth in the variant of a
position of a form in a sequence there is no word of a position of any
symbols on any planes: these do not exist as subjects of the discourse.

Pythagoras said: these two extents are equal to this third extent. Here,
the proposition is as follows:

The symbols have a *two-fold *existence. Firstly, they are subject to
a *positional
description*, arising from the properties of their forms, conferring places
to them on planes *xy,yz,zx*, therefore to *two *places in *two* 3D spaces,
one in one each, which appears to the spectator as *one *3D space which
contains some subspaces. Secondly, they are subject to any and all of *periodic
changes* that affect the assembly. In the ideal case, the influences of
Earth, Moon, Sun can be relevant and cause predictable, rhythmic,
resequencing among the elements (symbols).

In those moments, where the planar existence is not the case, while we
interpret the linear reading of the sentence *form **→ position, *the
spatial relations among the symbols are of relevance and there can be
degrees of fitting and less fitting matches of positions on two planes with
regard to the position on the third plane.

In those moments, where the *period → position *assignments are relevant,
the spatial axes do not exist, as we read the sentence backwards and say
that a *place on a plane* exists, from which the properties of the axes are
a consequence. We can state, that in respect of *whatsoever7 *and *whatsoever9
*the symbol has a position on a plane, irrespective of any regards to the
spatial coordinates. Such planes create all kinds of spaces too, but
whether these are geometrically realisable, is not a subject of the
discussion in this present reading of the sentence about axes, places and
planes.

Is in the optimal range

Split apart, the sentences that discuss spatial relationships and those
that discuss periodic relationships create domains in which sentences are
congruent, and such in which the truth in one of the logical sub-systems
restricts the possibilities in the other one.

To come to the point: the proposition is to sum up the *{same, different}*
extents when we let the symbols loose alternatively, one beat non-spatial,
one beat spatial. We establish a double sequence of alternate readings:

Step 1: establish measure for difference between ideal state and actual
state with respect of the positions of the symbols on the planes generating
two Euclid spaces *(Pos_t1); *

Step 2: establish measure for difference between ideal state and actual
state with respect of the positions of the symbols on the planes depicting
periodic processes *(Rhm_t1); *

Step 3: establish measure for difference between ideal state and actual
state with respect of the positions of the symbols on the planes generating
two Euclid spaces *(Pos_t2); *

Step 4: establish measure for difference between ideal state and actual
state with respect of the positions of the symbols on the planes depicting
periodic processes *(Rhm_t2); *

and so forth. One compares changes *(Pos_t1) **→ (Pos_t2) *vs *(Rhm_t1) **→
(Rhm_t2)* (Example: Game of Chess. Players move alternating. Player A
optimises situation with respect of strategic goal of approaching optimal
spatial arrangement, Player B optimises situation with respect of strategic
goal of approaching optimal position, as dictated by periodic requirement.)

The proposition is that there is a meta-measure governing the relation
between stability and change. The symbols are connected by bonds of birth,
a priori, to two other symbols, together with which they create a slice of
space. These bonds are inalterable and will hold symbols of specific form
variants together; as long as the form of a symbol is a given, it is an
implication, with which other forms it creates geometrically interpretable
statements. As opposed to this, then again, they are connected, from time
to time, by common, but possibly only transient, interest to some of many
other symbols, too. Among these, *presently* relevant are those, which the
rhythm of the periodicities plays momentarily to the forefront. Within that
opportunistic alliance of the shared goal, specific bonds are established
with such other symbols, with which the symbol shares membership in a
corpus of a cycle, (is co-constituent in a procedure of successive
push-away events: in the steps of cycles symbols get pushed away from
places inherited by a different symbol, the effect being the
concretisation, realisation of the coming into existence of the new order).

Measure of continuity

Among healthy humans, it is an observed fact, that there exists an ideal
coefficient for the relation between *{same, different}, *apparently
somewhere around 3:1 ~ 4:1*. *(We translate the observation ‘*varietas
delectat’ *into a hypothesis of a range for the value* V *of *varietas*. We
state *‘V_monotony <= V_optimal <= V_too-much-change’.) *The ideal
circumstances for a system of processing data and information demonstrating
the existence of an optimal range for a coefficient, theory should be able
to find it. Self-regulation could mean the adjustment of predictabilities
in one of the subsystems such that predictable outcomes are achieved in the
other subsystem. If the periodic processes interact in such a fashion with
the spatial properties of the elements, that the resulting movement
patterns are realisable, the system is accommodated to its surroundings.
Then, the basic tautology is satisfied, by finding appropriate arguments
for the sentence *form **→ position ↔ rhythm → position. *Then, rhythm
becomes form, which would mean that on Earth such life forms can evolve
which can evolve on Earth.

Here ends the simple words presentation of the invention.