[Fis] Pause to Wait Pedro's New Year Lecture!

Joseph Brenner joe.brenner at bluewin.ch
Fri Dec 27 19:38:32 CET 2019

Dear All,

Again in the interest of seeking new forms of expression, I state that there
is and there is not such a link. What this means for me is that neither
science can or should be reified. Computer science captures part of what is
in information science, but not the part which is dependent on
non-algorithmic, qualitative properties of information processes.

Since these properties are not captured either in the citation environment
studies made by Loet, the domain I describe has perhaps indirect links
orthogonal to those shown. However, I feel information science is ‘large’
enough to include information sociology as a home for them.

Best wishes,

Joseph

  _____