[Fis] Gothenburg 2017

Pedro C. Marijuan pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es
Tue Jun 20 17:00:04 CEST 2017

Dear FIS Colleagues,

The Third IS4SI Conference, and at the same time the Seventh of FIS, in
Gothenburg 2017 is over. Many thanks to our colleague Gordana and the
organization team around her for making possible the event. It was a
very fine experience indeed. Like in Vienna 2015, there were many
parallel tracks and many presentations and many colleagues around.
Amidst the inevitable heterogeneity there was somehow a new sense of
having passed some threshold, that more links had been established
between the themes, and that a growing community of information
scientists is emerging...

For our online discussions, we will have several themes that hopefully
will be organized in a consistent agenda for the next course: from
critical stances on digitalization, to narrative in science and
elsewhere, medieval mechanical intelligence, Church-Turing Thesis, new
social ICT engineering, biomolecular combinatorics, principles of
information science, ecologies of knowledge, etc.

We are entering into vacation time. The list remains open for any
comment (with the usual constraint of only two messages per week). Right
now I am also entering Gordana's farewell message to the conference
participants.

All the best--Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán
Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13, planta 0