[Fis] Five Momenta. Five Itineraries

Marcus Abundis 55mrcs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:18:54 CEST 2015

Perdo  – awesome post, great synthesis, thanks! Still, I do not share your
(apparent?) skepticism on an eventual happy result – although said result
is certainly not guaranteed.

Hi Loet,

First, thank you for your excellent post (Thu Oct 15 14:38:54) as it
offered the insight I craved.

> . . . "unity of science" principles are outdated. At issue is to specify
how the sciences
and specialties are different; in which respects and why? <

If I take your meaning correctly (not sure) . . . While I agree notions of
some "facile unity" should NOT be allowed to (solely) capture our
collective imaginations, is it not possible to seek unity and difference at
that same time? One view being "objective perspective" and another being a
"meta perspective?" It seems to me Bateson was on this track with "A
Necessary Unity" and "a difference that makes . . . "  Or perhaps there is
some even-more-basic issue I miss here . . .

In my view, shifts in perspective (sometimes subtle) can afford shifts in
insight, while also threatening apparent ambiguity. Or in the words of F.
Scott Fitzgerald "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to
hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the
ability to function." My apologies if I simply misinterpret your post . . .

If I may say without meaning offense, some recent posts seem to head into a
more "wooly" direction . . . that I confess to feeling some kinship with.
Particularly with comments on creativity, ambiguity, and the tao. I have
been watching closely, but also feel unsure of how or if I should engage –
in the context of this group. I am not sure how productive that direction
might (or might not) prove to be.

My thoughts . . .

Marcus