[Fis] [External] Re: "express matter and energy in terms of information"

Stuart Kauffman stukauffman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:11:50 CET 2024

One sense of “Latent information” is, I think, in the notion of the "Adjacent Possible”. We cannot deduce what is in the Adjacent Possible, but it is somehow “nearby” and shows up in the near simultaneity of many inventions.

Mike with respect to your idea below, and synchronicity, Sudip Patra and I have a paper on line, and are revsing it now. The title is, “Human Cognition Surpasses the Tsireson Bound: Is Mind in Spacetime?”  The statistics for the surpassing of the bound is weak, p = .001, but how could it possibly be true? The Tsirelson bound is due to Continuity of Action, i.e. a finite speed of light in a background spacetime. Nonlocality is firmly established. So “locality” - ie spacetime, may not be fundamental. So Outside of spacetime is not yet ruled out. These phenomena need to be taken seriously. This may be your "latent space”.  I have my own odd ideas about it based on Heisenberg's interpretation of the quantum state as “potentia”. What is not in spacetime may be “potentia” i.e. the quantum vacuum.

Stu