[Fis] Limits of Formal Systems

Plamen plamen.l.simeonov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:05:43 CET 2024

I am sorry. This comes with some delay.
Ted Goranson from this group has tried this in his 2-sorted logic (2SL) changing stepwise  periodically LH with RH equation sides and vice versa to model small step multilayer advancements. I have evaluated this approach and despite being locally applicable in theory, I could not validate it would work on a global all-layers scale. This can become indefinitely complex and diverge at the end if you do not introduce other control points in that switchable causality.  It looks good, but practically may be strange. Multiple sorts between the layers might be necessary. Proved by 2-3 examples via induction, no theorems. I don’t know if Ted has come further in this quest.

Best,

Plamen