[Fis] ongoing session

Pedro C. Marijuán pedroc.marijuan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 22:55:02 CEST 2024

Dear All,

May I say that there is no better solace than reading the contributions
of my esteemed FIS learned colleagues?

I would like to ask Kate her opinion / criticisms on two important
authors who have contributed in recent years to rationality/intelligence
and somehow to emotions.

It is the case of two Daniels: Kahneman and Goleman. Both are quite
connected I think, clearly oriented the former to economic risk
decisions (his S1 / S2 dichotomy) and the latter to management (his
"emotional intelligence"). I was going to prepare the theme better for
the sake of current discussion, but I will have to wait. In my opinion,
the deep understanding of emotions really disappears, notwithstanding
the importance of these two mainstream authors. Emotions are reduced to
mere pragmatism--as Kate has forcefully argued in her presentation.

Thanks for the support messages received (well, sporadically I may still
intervene!)

All the best,

--Pedro

--
Este correo electrónico ha sido analizado en busca de virus por el software antivirus de Avast.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.avast.com__;!!D9dNQwwGXtA!RnKg3K7vwAAMFjyRh6Lwd7CIxeNS9aP93UeJLVbgjdsz1p_jJ09_b6Lv24lAZ0zg-0iPqhrywZFxIAvzXLCU9LqAp2jg$