[Fis] [External Email] Fwd: TR: RE: How Molecules Became Signs. One Way Out.

Karl Javorszky karl.javorszky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:33:19 CEST 2022

Dear Encyclopedists,

The heap of ideas that we produce begins to look like creating the
impression of an ordered whole. The following contribution from Stan could
be placed as Chapter VI – The relations as such – or later as Chapter XV:
Levels of Interaction. (We have a Chapter I: Big Boom, Magnetism, Leptons,
main organisational principles, Chapter X: Strict predictions, Chapter XX:
Logic in Reality.

Stan writes:

*… utility of the hierarchical approach in a specific instance. … any
discussion of complex problems such as those of information requires more
than one perspective. I suggest that in the future we might try to apply to
information the three approaches jointly and explicitly:*

*-          Hierarchies*

*-          Systems*

*-          Processes*

Having a tautomat at hand, we can point to hierarchies (that come from the
sequence of the terms of the queries, the *importance* of a property),
Systems (that come from the cycle being part and parcel of overall
processes), Processes (that are caused by the axiomatic periodic changes).
The tautomat is a reading of the natural numbers. Like *a² + b² = c² *became
widely used after scientists had learnt to look triangles into the picture
they see, (to decompose the picture into triangles), the tautomat will
become widely used after scientists will have learnt to look groups and
sequences into the picture they see. The idea needs being understood, but
the technique is simple and extremely helpful. We have a kind of Rubik
cube, where the paths for the elements are pre-weighted for probability for
each and any of periodic changes that can befall the assembly. The natural
numbers maintain the spectacle, and the spectacle shows properties which
Nature evidently makes use of. In the elaborate system of databases that is
a tautomat, there are *hierarchies, systems, processes. *Stan can produce
deictic definitions dozens a day by pointing his index to a specific web of
properties of natural numbers (which we visualise in that context eg as a
spatial distance), and say: this I call *hierarchy, *and then point to a
different kind of relations among natural numbers (which we visualise in
that context eg as charge level) and say: this I call a *system*, and so
forth.

To wilfully project *triangles* unto pictures was a dexterity the Greeks
have mastered. Our generation needs to learn to wilfully project unto
pictures *the deviation to the expected. *In Ch I we saw the actual and the
target values not yet differentiated in properties but they had become all
too near to each other for how many they were. As they became different,
they became also differently many. For how differently many they became,
they were too similar to be that near to each other. One can point to
numbers while one tells this story.

At Stan’s stage, we introduce *names. *Here, one can also point to numbers
to bring home the idea of the kind of interdependence one means.

In the Chapter relating to the tautologic nature of the genetic information
transfer and of the memory, we shall again point to numbers while saying
that the change of placement here in 2D causes, is actually the same as, a
restriction on what can attach somewhere else in 3D. That is a very special
case, and functions only under extremely ideal circumstances. There, that
path across the forest of alternatives is shown, where there are no
alternatives.

In all normal walks of life, alternatives are what the song is about. As
Stan writes:

*There is a gradation here between emphasis on ontological vs.
epistemological aspects. My concept of a logic of energy is applicable
primarily to processes, rather than hierarchies or systems per se, but it
can also capture a sense of the movement, more or less complete, from one
domain to another. … Processes will themselves be hierarchical. *

* … how to deal with the realities which are the basis of the “signs”? …
For me, molecules become other molecules, with new and different
structures, potential energies, and available reaction paths. *

We observe different levels of reality in the life cycle of natural
numbers. That during Reorder *X *element *k *occupies a place with
coordinates *(x,y,z) *is a basis, local level reality. That Reorder *X
*implicates
that *cycles q,r,w,… *run concurrently, and therefore element *k *will be
predictably contemporary with specific colleagues of parallel cycles, is a
reorder level reality. That the appearance of *k *at that place can
implicate not only that Reorder *X *takes place, but can as well signify
that Reorder *Y *takes place, is a transversal prediction level reality.
That the subsequent appearance of an element *g *on a specific place can
allow predictions about next coming into existence will be *h, if Reorder X
*is taking place, or that will be *i, if Reorder Y *is taking place, is a
sagittal prediction level reality.

Our ideas need a clear concept of hierarchy. We need to investigate closely
the kinds and types of mental relation patterns we establish. For etalon
and taxonomy reasons, an agreement would be interpersonally agreeable if it
referred to natural numbers.

*… a real process (e.g. a biochemical reaction) has its own meaning-for-us
as part of knowledge. … “Becoming other molecules” itself involves
hierarchical arrangement of its environment. … the information field, and
any activities contributing to it, exist at different scales.*

Each of these 3 sentences show that whatever apparent dissonance in our cat
concert, we sing from the same page.

Let us collect more Chapters in a long but interesting explanation of what
is information.

Karl