[Fis] Discussions

Pedro C. Marijuán pedroc.marijuan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 20:56:56 CEST 2022

Dear All,

After these weeks of absence, I am back in list activities. Thanks to
Andrei and other discussants for the comments on natural computation.
Maybe the directions suggested by Plamen could have been developed
further--the amazing biosocial capabilities to scale information
processes toward new realms of complexity. An interesting parallel could
be drawn with 'artificial' computation... We can continue this
discussion after the coming vacations, or just entering into the topic
of "paradigm change in the information discipline" proposed by Yixin
Zhong for the IS4SI meeting next year, depending on his personal
availability for the discussion.

About my medical troubles, I am recovering well from eye surgery,
although some retinal problems remain. So I will have to be more careful
and restrictive on the time spent in front of computer screens (the
curse of our times!!).

Best wishes to all,

--Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán
pedroc.marijuan at gmail.com
pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es

Editor special issue: Evolutionary dynamics of social systems
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/biosystems/special-issue/107DGX9V85V