[Fis] Session closing

Arieh Ben-Naim ariehbennaim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 09:00:01 CET 2021

Dear All,
and special thanks to Pedro.

I do not have any further comments, beyond what I already wrote on entropy
and life.

Perhaps I can add one comment, which is irrelevant to misuses of entropy
for life.
It concerns the misuses of entropy to the entire universe.
I believe that entropy is not definable to the entire universe, not in the
present, not in the future and not in the past universe.
Yet, there are whole books discussing the meaningless “low entropy of the
universe, near the Big Bang”
I have discussed this topic in great details in my recent book:
ENTROPY: The Greatest Blunder in the History of Science.

All the best,
 keep yourselves happy and healthy,
Arieh

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 15:04 Pedro C. Marijuan <pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We are in the last days of January.
> It means, unless there is some closing closing comments by our Lecturer,
> the end of the current New Year Lecture.
> This has been a nice occasion to share comments on all the abuses and
> misconceptions around Entropy of Life.
> Thanks to Arieh and all the participants.
> Take a lot of care in these difficult times!!
>
> Best --Pedro
>
> --
> Pedro C. Marijuán
> Grupo de Bioinformación / Bioinformation Group
>
> pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es
> http://sites.google.com/site/pedrocmarijuan/
>

> --
> El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en
> busca de virus.

> la Universidad de Zaragoza.
> Puede encontrar toda la informacin sobre como tratamos sus datos en el
> siguiente enlace:
> https://sicuz.unizar.es/informacion-sobre-proteccion-de-datos-de-caracter-personal-en-listas
> Recuerde que si est suscrito a una lista voluntaria Ud. puede darse de
> baja desde la propia aplicacin en el momento en que lo desee.

Prof. Arieh Ben-Naim
Department of Physical Chemistry
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Jerusalem, 91904