[Fis] FIS discussions. Other Info Conundrums

GUEVARA ERRA RAMON MARIANO guevara.erra at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:12:16 CET 2019

Hi Bruno

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 2:22 PM Bruno Marchal <marchal at ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi Ramon,
>

> On 25 Oct 2019, at 18:34, GUEVARA ERRA RAMON MARIANO <
> guevara.erra at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pedro, I like your hypercommunication paradox. Indeed, it would be
> interesting to quantify how much information we can deal with, but it is
> clear that nowadays is too much. Some websites even advice to cut on it. I
> see very young people are sometimes unable to focus on anything. It's also
> problematic for the brain to have a very uninformative background. As an
> example out of many, it was reported by polar explorers that traveling in
> the Artic in winter was a very difficult experience because of the lack of
> landmarks. Some even report on some sort of blindness because of the snow
> when there are no salient aspects of the landscape. Apparently, similar
> effects can be obtained during meditation by repetition of certain phrases.
> Some sort of emptiness. Jose can perhaps say more both on meditation and
> Artic traveling.
>
> Bruno, thank you for your theory about good parents. I am tempted to use
> it with my own children. What would happen if the child allways behave
> badly?
>

> I guess this is exceptional, but I heard, and saw crying in a café, an old
> woman who was terrified by its grand-son, describing him as “always
> behaving badly, very badly!”. I asked the age of that boy, and she told me
> that he was 2,5 years old. She told me he tried already to kill his younger
> sister (some month old) twice, but that the kid was mean with everyone,
> even his parents, and this well before her sister was born.
>
> Could a kid be inherently bad? Does really the theory apply? Some kids get
> the right number of “yes" and “no”, but acts like if they were hearing only
> “yes” or “only no”.
> I would say that such a kid requires some “professional” helps, by some
> shaman or doctor around.

I agree with you that kid needs some help.

> According to this model we should anyway say YES sometimes (and NO to well
> behaved children). Extremely interesting dynamical system !
>

> My theory was very general, only pointing to an idea close to what you
> were saying, but in the human science, or even the whole of biological
> science,  theories have exceptions.
>
> In fact I could explain that this is the only rule without exception! All
> universal machine “rich enough” (something I can make precise technically
> if interested) can refute all theories made about them.
>
> The universal machine is a universal dissident. In a good environment,
> they will be able to refute themselves all the times, and that’s how they
> can progress and learn almost everything. They are born with a conflict
> between universality-liberty and security, and they needs a bit of both.
> They are never fully satisfied!

So your point is that the only universal true is that there is not
universal true? (in the sense that all trues have exceptions). Sorry if I
am not refined about this, I am not a logician.
I guess a universal machine is a universal Turing machine....? (again, I am
not a logician)

> It reminds me of a magical number Gell - Mann mentioned in its book "The
> quark and the jaguar". If I remember well, during the bombing of Germany in
> WWII the Royal Air Force sent sometimes planes without bombs. They were
> bluffing. That created problems to the German anti-aircfaft warfare. They
> didn't know when to react. According to Gell - Mann, the optimal bluffing
> strategy was to use fake bombers ones every seventh on average. Apprently
> there are animals using a similar strategy. A type of monkey have sentinels
> watching for leopards and eagles. If they cheat, however, they can get the
> food of their escaping colleagues. They do that once in a while, apprently
> with probability 1/7 !  If they do more than other monkeys stop reacting to
> real danger.
>

> Interesting! Yes, cheating is part of Nature, and even part of Arithmetic.
> Numbers can cheat so well that sometimes I want to rename “digital
> mechanism” or “computationalism” by “prestidigitalism”: the art of using
> digits to make others believing things! (Grin).

In the sociological sense that decorating a theory with a mathematical
flavor it will be accepted more easily? Or in a more concrete way, that
digital machines use numbers and they can make us beleive things?...or
perhaps I am missing the point.

> The appearance of a physical universe is their magical chef-d’oeuvre, I
> could argue. But it is of course slightly more than that, and even the
> numbers can’t make another number really disappearing.

I see here that you refer to something more concrete, like virtual reality
for example.....?