[Fis] "Mechanical Information" in DNA

Moisés André Nisenbaum moises.nisenbaum at ifrj.edu.br
Wed Jun 8 22:40:56 CEST 2016

Hi, John. It is amazing!!
I would like to highlight the word "constraints" at the caption of the DNA
diagram (http://phys.org/news/2016-06-layer-dna.html)
"The rigid base-pair model is forced, using 28 *constraints *(indicated by
red spheres), into a lefthanded superhelical path that mimics the DNA
conformation in the nucleosome. Credit: Leiden Institute of Physics"
The same word is used by Bob Logan and Stuart Kauffman to relate mechanical
concepts with 'information' (http://philpapers.org/rec/KAUPOA)
Could it have any parallel between these two approaches?

Also, you usually think "DNA" associated with Biological Sciences, but this
research is made at Leiden Institute of *Physics*! Of course, to work
current (complex, innovative) science you must have an interdisciplinary
approach.

Abraço.

Moisés

> A previously hypothesized “second layer” of information in DNA may have
> been isolated.
>

> http://phys.org/news/2016-06-layer-dna.html
>

> John Collier
>
> Professor Emeritus and Senior Research Associate
>
> University of KwaZulu-Natal
>
> http://web.ncf.ca/collier

Moisés André Nisenbaum
Doutorando IBICT/UFRJ. Professor. Msc.
Instituto Federal do Rio de Janeiro - IFRJ
Campus Rio de Janeiro
moises.nisenbaum at ifrj.edu.br