[Fis] Towards the end of the Med Session and Phenomenology

Pedro C. Marijuan pcmarijuan.iacs at aragon.es
Wed Jun 8 11:59:22 CEST 2016

Dear FIS Colleagues,

It is time to conclude a long session on phenomenology, information and
the life sciences. First of all, we should thank Maxine, Lou, Soeren,
Alex, and Plamen for their time and dedication in conducting the
discussion sessions. The contact with phenomenology from the point of
view of information, with all of its ups and downs, has been a curious
experience. Even the most reluctant hard-nosed scientists will have to
accept that in this period of upmost intense transformations of science
--particularly in biology and medicine-- we are missing something
important in our collective practice. The endless complexity of life in
all of its domains seems to defy all our bodies of knowledge, from the
most philosophical and basic to the most applied, and force them to
participate in the collective game of Knowledge Recombination. My
personal question to Plamen (sure he has some further comments to make),
apart from thanking him all the organization job during these months, is
whether we should envision a new "phenomenology of information" so as to
guide us in the KR survival game...

Best wishes to all
--Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán