[Masteribprof] Seminario Interdisciplinar próxima semana: José Vicente Ruiz (FDA) y Elisabeth Engel (IBEC)

MªAngeles Pérez Ansón angeles en unizar.es
Jue Abr 25 22:09:26 CEST 2019

Hola a todos,

La próxima semana tenemos un seminario interdisciplinar el lunes de José
Vicente Ruiz de la FDA (Food and Drug Administration)

*"**Re-engineering Cardiac Safety of New Drugs: ECG biomarkers to
confirm electrophysiological effects of drugs"*

*Ponente*: José Vicente Ruiz

*Día*: Lunes 29 de abril 2019

*Hora*: 15.00-16.00

*Lugar*: Seminario A.25, Ed. Ada Byron

Y otro el jueves 2 de mayo que organiza el INA y que versa sobre
regeneración de tejidos (abstract abajo).

*"**Creating microenvironments for tissue regeneration"*

*Ponente*: Elisabeth Engel(Instituto de Bioingeniería de Cataluña – IBEC)

*Día*: Jueves 2 de Mayo 2019

*Hora*: 12.00-13.00

*Lugar*: Bloque 1, planta 1ª, AULA, Ed. I+D+i

Un saludo

MªAngeles

/**********************************************

CREATING MICROENVIRONMENTS FOR TISSUE REGENERATION

ELISABETH ENGEL

1 Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), The Barcelona
Institute of Science and Technology, Barcelona, Spain
2 CIBER Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Nanotechnology, Spain
3 Dept. Materials Science and Engineering, EEBE, Technical University of
Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain

Biomaterials have been used in regenerative medicine for years, but they
have been mainly used as scaffolds to support and guide cells or as cell
and signaling delivery carriers. Our research has focused in how the
biomaterials interact with the host environment. We have determined that
no biomaterial is inert and that all of them can affect cell behavior.
Understanding how cells interact with the biomaterials and how the
degradation products can activate metabolically the cells allows the
creation of microenvironments that can induce cell reprograming and
activation of stem and progenitor cells.

Cells are susceptible to change their phenotype and function in response
to the designed scaffolds. The selected material, topography, scaffold
structure and degradation products have to be optimized to fulfil the
requirements for each tissue (1,2). We have demonstrated that
biomaterials themselves can activate stem cells at their niche and can
either differentiate them or dedifferentiate adult cells towards a more
precursor phenotype. This is perfect for in situ tissue engineering
applications.

The way how we can translate and transfer the technology into products
will have a lot to do in how they are fabricated and how is the
interaction with the cells and tissues.

**********************************************/

--

Dra. MªAngeles Pérez Ansón

Associate Professor of Structural Mechanics (Profesora de M.M.C. y T.E.)
Mechanical Engineering Dept. (Depto. Ingeniería Mecánica)
Escuela de Ingeniería y Arquitectura (EINA)
Aragón Institute of Engineering Research (I3A)
University of Zaragoza (Universidad de Zaragoza)

Maria de Luna s/n, Campus Río Ebro, Edificio "Agustín de Betancourt"
50018 - Zaragoza - Spain
Tel. +34-876555213; Fax +34-976762670
e-mail: angeles en unizar.es

25th Congress of the European Society of Biomechanics
July 7 – 10, 2019, Vienna, Austria
www.esbiomech2019.org